Strawberry and Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Waiting for the sound of the ice cream man and the excitement of
grabbing our pennies and chasing his truck down the street is one of
my favorite childhood memories. It seemed like time would freeze when
one of my brothers or sisters would hear the musical sound of his
little white truck and yell, “ice cream man!"
This fresa y leche de coco popsicle recipe is so fast and easy you
won’t need to chase the ice cream man down the street. Just pop them
in the freezer for a quick after school snack or late summer treat.
What You Need:
• 1 pound fresh strawberries
• 1 large, juicy lime, juiced (about 2-3 tablespoons)
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 1 cup coconut milk (regular, not light, was used)
• ⅔ cups granulated sugar
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
What You Do:
1. Wash popsicle molds and place in the freezer along with sticks to chill.
2. Wash strawberries and remove stems, place in bowl of a food
processor. Slice large ones in half so that berries are similar in
size. Pulse food processor until berries finely diced but, there is
still texture to the berries.
3. Juice lime and add to chopped berries.
4. Sprinkle sugar over strawberries and stir to combine. Set aside
while preparing rest of popsicles so that the berries will create
their own juice.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, coconut milk and sugar. Add vanilla.
6. Remove the popsicle molds from the freezer. Layer two spoonfuls of
strawberry mixture into the bottom of the molds. Carefully pour an
inch or so of the coconut mixture over the berries. Repeat the layers
until the molds are filled.
7. Put popsicle sticks into centers of popsicles place top on molds
and put in freezer. Freeze for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
Photo credit: Pinterest