As the moderator of Comida Latina, I am very grateful to have Denisse Oller as a regular contributor. In addition to being a lovely person, Denisse is truly a lady of many talents, journalist, chef, entrepreneur, the list goes on.
Thus I highly recommend that all our Casa Latina viewers pay a visit to Denisse’s website at www.denisseoller.com to learn more about this fantastic Latina, peruse her amazing recipe selections, sign up for Denisse’s monthly newsletter, and if you are like me, enjoy the visually stunning food pictures.
I truly believe that, in addition to nurturing the body and soul, and this is nowhere more apparent than on Denisse’s website.
This GARBANZOS CON ESPINACA Y CHORIZO ESPAÑOL recipe that Denisse has graciously contributed to Comida Latina is as mouth watering as it is easy to make. So wow your family and friends by adding this dish to your next dinner or celebration! Simply deliciouso!
Recipe by Denisse Oller
Chickpea with spinach and Spanish chorizo
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 4 oz Spanish chorizo, sliced and peeled
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 16oz cans chickpea, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans unsalted chicken broth
- ½ lb potatoes, cut crosswise into small dices
- Salt and ground black pepper at taste for seasoning
- ½ lb fresh spinach
- On a deep pan, heat one spoon of oil over a medium-low, pour chorizo and let it brown. Set on a plate.
- Add scallion and cook 1 minute.
- Add garlic and tomato and cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add paprika and stir. Add chickpeas, bay leaf, chicken broth, potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook 20 minutes without cover over a medium-low heat.
- Clean spinach and add to chickpeas and chorizo. Cook covered 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper at taste.