Well there is no denying it, the Holiday’s are fast approaching. And with it come the fiestas, familia visits AND expense. I am, like my querida mamá was, a bargain shopper. I actually get an adrenaline rush when I find a great brand for a bargain. It just makes sense to save whenever possible. In addition to bargain shopping, I always keep an eye out for easy-to-implement money savings tips.
So when our friend at PriceGrabber® o offered Casa Latina several tips to help save approximately $1,500 over the next/ three months my frugalista heart was overjoyed!
8 Simple Money Saving Tips From PriceGrabber®
- Quit the gym but not your workouts. Gym memberships can cost an average of $30 to $80 per month, and chances are that busy, working consumers are not getting their money’s worth. This season, be inspired by nature and work out outdoors by taking a run or hopping on the bike that’s sitting in your garage. If it’s cold outside, you can even exercise right in your own living room by purchasing an inexpensive fitness DVD.
Potential three-month savings: $240
- Take advantage of daily deal sites when dining out: Daily deal sites can save shoppers 50 percent to 80 percent on fine dining. Check out sites like PriceGrabber’s local deals category at http://deals.pricegrabber.com to dine like a royal in your local area for a fraction of the price. Bring tasty leftovers to work at least twice a week to put away approximately $20 to $80 additional per month.
Potential three-month savings: $240
- Bring movie night home instead of going to the theater. Revive your old movie collection or look for cheap DVDs online to save at least $40 on a family of four each time you have a movie night. Save even more by indulging in a big bowl of homemade popcorn instead of high-priced movie theater candy.
Potential three-month savings: $120
- Combine your cable, internet and telephone service. Companies now offer combined services that not only cost less, but offer the convenience of a single bill. With cable, internet and phone packages all in one, these combined service deals can save you a bundle.
Potential three-month savings: $200
- Skip the latte line. Become your own barista and make coffee at home in the morning instead of spending $3 on coffeehouse coffee every workday to save $15 per week and $60 per month. Gourmet coffee lovers can buy an inexpensive stovetop espresso pot or press pot and a handheld milk frother for about the cost of a week’s worth of large lattes at a coffee shop.
Potential three-month savings: $180
- Make holiday travel plans well in advance, and travel light. If your holiday trip requires traveling by plane, book airline tickets three months ahead of time to avoid last-minute fare hikes and save as much as $200 per roundtrip ticket. Be sure to pack light — recycle your looks by stocking up on fun accessories and forgoing bulky items to fit everything into a carry-on piece of luggage. You can avoid extra costs such like $50 roundtrip baggage fees at the airport.
Potential savings: $250
- Ride your bike or carpool whenever possible. In many of the ties across the US it is hard to get by without a car. That said, just because you have a car does not mean you have to use it every day. Whenever possible, ride your bike or share a ride with a colleague or spouse and save both on gas and reduce the environmental footprint. If you spare a week of driving per month, you could save approximately $50 pending gas mileage and length of trip.
Potential three-month savings: $150
8. Utilize your mobile device in stores: This holiday season shop smart by using your mobile device as an aid while shopping in brick-and-mortar stores to get the best product pricing. PriceGrabber offers a handy app for the iPhone®, iPad® and Android® to help you find the best deal. Search, browse, compare, read product reviews, see local offers and even scan barcodes in stores to ensure you are getting the best price.
Potential three-month savings: Up to $200 or more
Total potential three-month savings: more than $1,500