Measure Mishap? Not With Curtainworks!
When my husband and I moved into our condo we hung new curtains on a pair of very stylish rods. My cousin, and Casa Latina’s interior designer, Marlene took one look at them and said that we hadn’t placed the rods high enough for the style of curtains we chose. That’s what we get for not consulting a pro! You don’t have to suffer the same fate though. Our friends at Curtainworks explain how you can:
Measure For Curtains Like A Pro With These Easy Steps!
- Hardware should be mounted one to three inches above the top of the window frame. (A)
- To achieve fullness, curtains and draperies should be 1/1/2-3 times the final measured width of the window.
- Decide how long you want your curtains. Common lengths are above the sill (C), below the sill (D) and Floor length (E).
- Always measure your curtains from the top of the pocket to the bottom of the panel.
- Don’t forget to add the one to three inches to the mounted hardware, or a few extra inches to floor length if you want a pool effect?