It’s that time of the year again and the first day of school is just around the corner.
I often say that there is some assembly required when you send your kids off to college, from the necessity list to the actual set up of the dorm room.
As you know thousands of parent around the country are preparing themselves to send their children off to college for the very first time, which may be their children’s greatest milestone to date. However, for the U.S. Hispanic population, sending a child off to college is not only a milestone for the student, but for the entire family! Thus, arriving on university grounds that first day ends up becoming a family affair.
There’s no better place than JCPenney to do your school dorm shopping, its a one stop fun and affordable shopping experience for the entire family.
Here are a few tips:
- Contact College dorm for guidelines of what is allowed or not allowed in assigned room.
- Make a college checklist of needs and wants (please discuss with son or daughter its about their needs not yours)
- When shopping bring child with you.
- Select colorful stylish bedding, at lease two sets (Quilts add a stylish touch and an extra layer for warmth!)
- Select small and stylish appliances for dorm rooms without a kitchen
for more tips visit