Well Noche Buena y día de Navidad is past. Now we turn to New Years Eve! And don’t worry if you over indulged during the festivities. There is plenty of time for diets, cleansings and all matter of austere resolutions once January 1st rolls around. I may even join you in a few. Until then, there is another party to think about!
I never host New Years Eve. I’m usually still shell shocked from hosting Noche Buena. But I always bring something homemade wherever I go. This year I’ll be taking the ingredients to make two fun and festive drinks to a friend’s party. Why don’t you give them try this year too?
Easy Cocktails to Celebrate the Holiday Season
2 ounces Baileys with a Hint of Mint Chocolate
4 ounces Hot Chocolate
Fresh Whipped Cream
1. Crush candy cane with the back of a spoon.
2. Combine hot chocolate and Baileys by pouring into a coffee mug.
3. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle crushed candy cane on top.
4. Garnish with mint leaf.
1 1/2 ounces Ketel One Vodka
1 ounce Ginger Beer
1/2 ounce Cranberry Juice
1/2 ounce Fresh Lime Juice
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
2. Add Ketel One Vodka, Cranberry Juice, Fresh Lime Juice and Orange Bitters and shake vigorously.
3. Strain into a highball glass filled with ice and top with ginger beer.