Should you buy silk plants and flowers for your home or office or go with real ones? Many people still consider silk flowers tacky but today’s technology makes silk plants look more lifelike than ever. So why not give them a try? Our friend Chad Young, founder and president of www.QualitySilkPlants.com, offers Casa Latina readers ten reasons to give silk plants and flowers a try over the real thing.
1. Silk plants offer long term savings over real ones due to the fact that they require very little attention if any.
2. No insects, in real plants insects like the moisture from the watering and will take up home in a real plant.
3. They eliminate indoor allergies created by real plants and flowers.
4. They will never outgrow the space they’re in.
5. Pets are not attracted to them like real plants eliminating accidents and clean up.
6. You’ll never have water damage from the pot leaking or spilling when watering real plants.
7. If your in an office it significantly reduces security issues by limiting the number of maintenance visits.
8. For outdoor silk plants you won’t have to use harmful pesticides.
9. No mold or mildew build up from watering too much.
10. You can add and rearrange silk flowers and plants to meet your individual tastes at any particular time.